cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Channel Bitrate is different between router and bandwidth monitoring server

prima.ramadhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a problem regarding port channel bit rate. The bit rate number showed using show interface port-channel command is different with what my bandwidth monitoring server shows.

Below is the log:

CG-GW-01#sh int port-channel 2 | in bits

5 minute input rate 359863000 bits/sec, 285479 packets/sec

5 minute output rate 3330118000 bits/sec, 392905 packets/sec

As you can see, the output rate of this interface is about 3.33 Gbps. But my bandwidth monitoring server (using Cacti) shows that it already reached 4 Gbps. I have waited for a couple of hours but I still got the same result. My uplink ISP has their own bandwidth monitoring server that also shows the same number (4Gbps) with my bandwidth monitoring server. From this fact, I conclude that the number that is showed by the router is wrong, Does anyone knows how to fix this? I am using Cisco 7609 running IOS SRD2a on module ES20-3CXL.

Regards,

Prima

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Prima

You see the 5 minute interval traffic on the devices.. which means it will average out the traffic utilization and provide it to you.. try changing the interval to say 30 secs and see what the traffic level is .. "load-interval 30" on interface..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card