Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Port-channel down but duplicate interface created with "A" up

I have created 5 new 2 Gig port channels on a 6513 WS-X6516A-GBIC blade

connecting to 5 4510R+E switches. 3 of the 5 Port-channels show up/up. 2 show down/down. However, for the 2 showing down, a duplicate Po interface was created with an "A" appended to the name that shows up/up.

eg:

Port-channel26             unassigned      YES unset  down                  down      

Port-channel26A            unassigned      YES unset  up                    up

Can someone explain what this is any why it is occurring?

Each of the 4510s has a second 2Gig PO to another 6513 with an identical config and all of those come up fine.

Thanks for any feedback!

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Port-channel down but duplicate interface created with "A" u

That usually means the config on both sides do not  match .  I would delete the current ones.  Make new ones with all ports down  and match the configs exactly on both sides then bring them up by doing a no shut on the port channel SVI . Otherwise maybe you can post the port and SVI setups from both sides of the channel and maybe we can spot something .

Port-channel down but duplicate interface created with "A" up

Hello everyone,

Same issue on my side.

However it is not due to configuration difference but to a migration: we had Ge interfaces and moved to 10Ge ones.

At some point, the 2 types were bundled and it created a Po10 (with the GE) and Po10A (with the 10GE). As we took the Ge out, we now have a Down Po10 and a running Po10A.

Any idea of how to remove the "A" in service?

Best regards, Jeremie

Views
Helpful
Replies