Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Port channel hangs

Hi. In our office we have a floor switch connected to core switches(vss). There are two up links from floor switch connected to the core. We bundled the two uplink as port channel 5.

My question is ,we did power maintenance and shut the floor switch for a while. When the floor switch booted it forms port channel wit the core. I could see the floor switch as cdp neighbors in my core switch.
However I could login the floor switch. No data traffic crossing the floor switch. All the server connected in that floor switch are unreachable.

To fix the issue my senior made the port channel shut and unshutted it. Then the port channel come up and traffic flows.

My doubt here is
1) do port channel hangs?
2) even if it hanged then how cdp traffic reaches the floor switch and core could have info about the floor switch
3) I made both the interface shut and unshut one by one. It didn't work. But when I shut port channel it worked?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

1 REPLY

Re:Port channel hangs

Hello
is negociation enabled on either side of this etherchannel? also what type of link aggregation.protocol is enabled?

res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful. Thanks.
Views
Helpful
Replies