Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

port channel's

Long story short, I have just started at a new company and I am trying to clean up the switch/router config's. Now the thing is in all of the Catalyst 6509's and 4006's port channels are configured for almost every single port on the switch's, not just the ones that go to other switches but even to end user desktops. Is there any reason that this would be configured that I don't know of? "Show port channel" obviously only shows the switches. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES

Re: port channel's

Anthony,

Those port channels are default settings. When you manually configure the port channel it overwrites those default settings. Did you do a show config all to view those settings? I don't think it would show up in the show config (running-config) unless someone manually configure the port channel.

As you indicated the only port channels that are active is the ones that you see with the show command.

HTH

Sundar

thanks for the speedy response, no i just did a "sh runn". Would there be any performance issues with all these ports set up to be port channels. I figured that they were manually entered just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Either way, I don't think it would cause any performance problems.

However, to keep the config simple and easier to read you might want to remove any unwanted/unused config. This would make life a little easy for you when you are troubleshooting a problem.

My 2 cents :)

HTH

Sundar

Views
Helpful
Replies