Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Port Forwarding via SSH

I want to SSH into a Cisco 1841 router and depending on the suffix added to the SSH (i.e ssh myrouter.myroute.com 2002), would like it to forward this request to a terminal server.

Can this be done?  If so, how does one accomplish this?  I have done something similar with RDP but I was not sure about SSH.

Thank you

Dwane                  

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES

Port Forwarding via SSH

Should be done the same way if your translating the port inbound. You can change the default ssh port on your 1841 with:

ip ssh port

Otherwise, you'll do your standard nat statements listening on the port that you want and then translating that port inbound:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.20 22 5.5.5.5 2020

When you ssh into 5.5.5.5 2020 it will redirect to 192.168.1.20 on 22.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi,I know its thee year longs

Hi,

I know its thee year longs post, but if I want to achieve  i.e.ssh on 1.1.1.1 ip on port 22 through port translation to port 1000 but keeping ip same i.e 1.1.1.1 then how I would achieve it?

I have already done below mentioned thing.but no success.

ip nat inside source static tcp 1.1.1.1 22 1.1.1.1 1000

Port Forwarding via SSH

Agree with blakley.         

Port Forwarding via SSH

I will test this today.  Thank you all.  I have a question about SSH into an 1841.  How does this need to be configured if I would like to use a 3rd party certificate like a Comodo certificate?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content