Views
Helpful
Replies

Port group on N77-F348XP-23 for VDC

KasukaTon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need to know that how many port groups are there on N77-F348XP-23, which member ports of each group must be configured with the same VDC. Actually, it would be great to have this detail in data sheet of each module.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The VDC Configuration Guide lists this for most models of line card.

It appears they haven't updated it completely for the F3s (even though the F3 is mentioned elsewhere in the same guide). I was, however, able to find some partner collateral that answers your question. It's marked "Cisco Public" so it is OK to share here.

The N77-F348XP-23 has a System on Chip (SOC) ASIC architecture with each of the six SOCs having 8 x 10 Gbps interfaces. So your VDCs must allocate the interfaces along those lines (1-8, 8-16, etc.). See the diagram below.

This is in contrast to the F2 48 port line cards are laid out with 12 x 4-port port groups as shown in the document I mentioned.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The VDC Configuration Guide lists this for most models of line card.

It appears they haven't updated it completely for the F3s (even though the F3 is mentioned elsewhere in the same guide). I was, however, able to find some partner collateral that answers your question. It's marked "Cisco Public" so it is OK to share here.

The N77-F348XP-23 has a System on Chip (SOC) ASIC architecture with each of the six SOCs having 8 x 10 Gbps interfaces. So your VDCs must allocate the interfaces along those lines (1-8, 8-16, etc.). See the diagram below.

This is in contrast to the F2 48 port line cards are laid out with 12 x 4-port port groups as shown in the document I mentioned.

Thank you so much  smiley

Dear Marvin Rhoads,

This Answer was very helpful, But Actually I am interested in finding command to check port group for particular linecard.

Is there any command available to check port group membership for linecards so it will save lot of time ?

Thank you.

Try this:

slot slot_number show hardware internal dev-port-map

Reference.

Thank you Marvin :-)

Dear Ksakua

check show interface capabilities

While i know this question may have been answered, I have a different set of questions in looking at this diagram,

1. Can i assign port 1 to 24 in one vdc and 25 to 40 in a different VDC regardless of the port allocations in this link?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/vdc/config/cisco_nexus7000_vdc_config_guide_8x/managing-vdc.html

2. Being that i want to use Macsec for the two separate vdc, are there any restrictions in splitting the ports 41 to 48 between the two VDC say 41 to 44 in one vdc and 45 to 48 in second vdc ? 

Thanks Marvin! it very helpful & informative

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: