Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

port mirroring

Hi All,

I have need to set up a mirrored port on my catalyst 4507 switch. The source port is the firewall port and the destination is a port on which a network sniffer will sit (websense network agent). Apparently I am doing somethign wrong as when i do the monitor sess deal, the port has the line protcol down and it states (monitoring). Why is this? I still need to be able to get out and such on the port. When i view the session it looks like the following:

Session 1

---------

Type : Local Session

Source Ports :

Both : Gi3/4

Destination Ports : Gi3/6

Encapsulation : Native

Ingress : Enabled, default VLAN = 20

Learning : Disabled

TIA,

r

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: port mirroring

Hello,

That is the expected behaviour of the " destination port " status. Whenver you conbfigure a port as destination port, it listes you are down/monitoring.If you want to destination port to receive traffic you can enable ingress feature on the switch port using the below command:

Switch(config)# monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 5/48 ingress vlan 7

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_31a/config/span.htm#wp1024634

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies