Views
Helpful
Replies

Port no.

kamrannaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just need to check which port my Wireless Access Point(WAP) is connected to on a switch.

When I run the following command I get the port channel no. but i need to know which physical port on a switch this WAP is connected to:

sh mac address-table | inc 000b.857b.39c0

1    000b.857b.39c0    DYNAMIC    Po18

any help will be much appriciated.

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kamran,

I doubt your AP is connect to a switch via EtherChannel. the output of sh mac address-table suggests your AP is connect to a switch on the other end of Po18. Determine which switch this is and run your command when logged in there.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kamran,

I doubt your AP is connect to a switch via EtherChannel. the output of sh mac address-table suggests your AP is connect to a switch on the other end of Po18. Determine which switch this is and run your command when logged in there.

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Kamran,

with show ethercannel 18 summay you can see the physical ports bundeled in the EtherChannel.

show cdp neighbor then shows the neighbor-device (if CDP-capable and enabled).

Btw: Instead of the pipe-include you can also use the command  show mac address-table address 000b.857b.39c0

Hope that helps

Rolf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: