cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portchannel fails on stacked 2960-s switch to UCS 200

Preston Kilburn
Level 1
Level 1

I converted a set of switches last night (3650-lan base 12.2) to a new stack of qty 2 - 2960s (IOS 15 latest) with flexstack on them.  They are connecting to a UCS 200 running CUCM and Unity, managed by VMWare w/o Virtualcenter.  For whatever reason I had issues when I had the ports on different switches that were connected with flexstack (meaning when I had one port on 1/0/30 and another on 2/0/30 it would fail).  When I put the ports onto one physical switch it worked fine.

Reading through the documentation I see that there are some issues with pagp and possibly lacp on multiple switches in a stack.

Can someone recommend a channel-mode for the port channels' configuration that will make it work across two physical switches?  Seems dumb to use a flexstack if I can't break the load between both switches in case something happens.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can only use LACP or MODE ON channelling if you need to use

ports from different switches,

PAGP will NOT operate through the stacking elements

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/scg_2960/swethchl.html#wp1275503

Regards

Alex 

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can only use LACP or MODE ON channelling if you need to use

ports from different switches,

PAGP will NOT operate through the stacking elements

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/scg_2960/swethchl.html#wp1275503

Regards

Alex 

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card