Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ports issue with WS-C2960G-24TC-L switch

Hi,

I got got a new 24 Port switch with last 4 port can have fiber/UTP cable connectivity. Now when I connect Gi0/24 port to my cisco 4507R switch with the trunk configuration at both the ends the port dosent comes UP but intstead if I connect on Port Gi0/20 of the 2960G switch it is working.

One more observation, I have one more switch of WS-C2960G-24TC-L model. If I connect Port Gi0/24 of 2690G switch-1 to Port Gi0/24 of 2690G switch-2 the port is comming UP.

But if I connect the any computer to any port from gi0/21 to gi0/24 the port comes UP.

The uplink connectivity between cisco 4507 switch to C2960G switch is only the problem I am facing for only last 4 port of WS-C2960G-24TC-L switch. Pls. help or give reason of the same...

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 REPLY
Purple

Re: Ports issue with WS-C2960G-24TC-L switch

Are you using a crossover cable on those last 4 ports when connecting between the two ? I'm not sure the sfp ports support mdix so if you are trying to use a straight thru it might not work , the copper ports on a 2960 are auto mdix so when you go a port on another 2960 it will come up due to automdix, try a crossover to the 4507.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.