cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power supply reqiurements in Cat 4500 & 6500 for PoE in redundant mode

johartman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...does anyone know where on Cisco.com I can find a chart for various 4500 and 6500 models and sups to run our power supplies in redundant mode to make sure each and every port in a fully populated 4500 or 6500 can support PoE (without doing the math per module, per chassis)?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Eduardo Cesaro
Level 1
Level 1

@Johartman, What type the Switch (4500 or 6500) did u have?

But if you look on the Cisco website, you will see that almost all accept redudant power supplies intro Chassis

We have many types of 4507's, 4510's and 6509's.  I know that all of them can run in redundant mode, but want to make sure that we have enough power to run them fully populated with PoE modules.  We have several different wattages on all of our power supplies.  I was just looking for a chart that shows different chassis types and different wattage power supplies if they can run in redundant mode (not combined) and have enough power to push to each and every port of fully populated chassis.

Well I found a calulator on the website...    http://tools.cisco.com/cpc/launch.jsp

I think this is going to have to do.

Yes , use the power calculator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card