Replies

PRI COnfiguration for Voice ( IPT ) & Video Conference

sdasgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know if it is possible as below:-

Current Infrastructure :-

I'm having 2no.s 2801 router, where I will terminate 2 X 2MBS PRI ( 1 Pri in each router ) for voice traffic ( Local & Long Distance Telephone ) to same ISP.

I nned to introduce a Video Conference equipment from Tandberg or any other vendor, and the equpment will be connected via LAN ( No PRI will be terminated in the video eqipment )

Is it possible that, I can configure the existing PRI lines in such way that, Video Conference will use the same PRI lines and at that time for Voice I will give only 2 MBPS link and rest 2 MBPS link can be used for Video Conference.

I'm confused by the customer need, as they don't want to procure extra link for Video...please help me.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sujit,

the correct forum for this question is :

unified communications -> ip telephony

where you can find Voice experts.

It is possible to make the VC to use one PRI for outgoing calls.

This is possible with Cisco Call Manager using partitions and CSS.

It should also be possible with a Cisco Voice Gateway or CUCME by using COR lists.

You need also to decide what to do if one PRI fails.

With the suggestions above PRI1 can be the preferred path for voice calls and PRI2 the preferred outgoing path for VC.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco