cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE 1.3

Neville Price
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues with Inventory Collection on Switches, using Prime Infrastructure 1.3, this does not occur on all switches.  Some come back as Managed and Synchronised, Managed with Warnings and Failed.  I use the same credentials for all dicovered switches.  If I manually enter the credentials and synch, they always come back as managed and synchronised, but when the scheduled task happens, they come back as failed, has anyone experienced these issues?.  See attached for error details:

2 Replies 2

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Neville,

It looks to me like there is some issue with the credentials being used for the devices.

When you say sheculed task happens, kindly let me know how you are scheduling the task?

When do the devices go to manage with warnings? Also if you hover the mouse over the manage with warnings message it will tell you the different reasons for getting into this state. Let me know those error messages.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate all usefull posts.

I have taken a look at one of the switches, and the errors are below, the credentials and snmp string are correct.  There was a scheduled job created to audit the switches.  If it is done manually it does work, but when the job runs they cme back as inventory failed.

CLI Failure: Invalid CLI Credential.Please check Telnet/SSH credentials for this device.

and Collection Status : Failed feature(s)

feature_config_interfaceA CLI authentication error occurred.
feature_imageA CLI authentication error occurred.
ifm-aclappA CLI authentication error occurred.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card