Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Printer Connectivity Issue

I have 2 network printers that are connected to 2 different switches on the same VLAN.  The users on local subnet can access these printers just fine.  Users on a remote subnet cannot access these printers unless someone on local subnet accesses these printers.  They are connected to 2960S switches.  They 2960's are connected via a 4570 as the core switch.   No other devices on these switches have this type of connectivit issues.  Could this be a ARP or MAC address table issue on these switches?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brent              

7 REPLIES

Re: Printer Connectivity Issue

I bet proxy-arp is enabled on the vlan svi that these devices are connected to.

Make sure both the subnet mask and the gateway address defined on these devices are correct.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Sorry I forgot to mention that all network settings are correct on the printers

Are there any other devices on this vlan other than the printers? Are you running vtp? Do the 2960s see the vlan as in sh vlan brief?

One more thing. Have these devices been rebooted since the network settings were input?

We are running vtp on these switches.  There are computers on these switches.  They do not have issues.  The printers have been powered off and on since we stared having this issue.  The 2960's see the vlan.

Thanks

Are both printers and work stations on the same VLAN?

They are on the same VLAN.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content