Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Prioritization of OSPF links

Good Afternoon, Personal

I have a doubt regarding the priority of the OSPF link,

I have the scenario below, so that if I give a traceroute to R6 to R8 ospf always choosesthe path for the multilink 5. Based on this path he chose as the cost for the multilink 4 and the same? There is the possibility of changing the cost to always choose the best path asmultilink 4-R8 to EDGE?

ATT

Tiago Eduardo Zacarias

LPIC-1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

If you want it to go r6, r2, r3 then raise the cost of the interface that connects r2 to r1.

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi Tiago,

Yes, you can change the metric or cost for the multilink interfaces to be higher, but why would want to do that?

Currently from r6 ro r8 the path uses r1 or r3 which the shortest path and correct, if you want to to use r4 that would an extra hop.  Using r1 or r3 is 3 hops, but if you use r4 that is 4 hops why?

HTH

Community Member

Good Afternoon Colleague

I wish it were made ​​the jump from R8 to R6 through R3 and R2, in my view by both paths are three jumps considering that both are multilink. I would like to understand better whyOSPF chose R1 as next-hop '. If possible I would like to be able to change the path manually. Already I tried to change the cost of serial interfaces but without success. The R4 is off not being considered.

VIP Super Bronze

If you want it to go r6, r2, r3 then raise the cost of the interface that connects r2 to r1.

Community Member

Thank you, I configured the high cost at the interface of R1 to R2, then went on to access via R3 so I could not understand why the OSPF choose this route as the cost for both sides are identical.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content