cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Priority queueing of packets on frame relay subinterface

Daniel Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I need to get some low volume, interactive data, prioritized on frame relay PVCs across our network. I have followed the CBWFQ examples from cisco.com, but my test packets are still showing latency over 1 second. My lab set up has a corporate connected gateway router linked via FE to testrouter 50. TR51 has a T1 frame relay loop to another router acting as a frame relay switch. The other side of the FR switch has a 56k link to  testrouter51. I am sourcing test pings from my desktop PC, that are marked as AF43, and leave at a rate of 1/second, when the response comes back in time. I am using a Smartbits to generate some default class traffic at a rate of about 56Kbps only in the 'outbound' direction, toward TR51, as this emulates a file copy from corporate to remote sites, that is causing the AF43 traffic to suffer. Here is the relevant config on the TR50 device:

class-map match-all rtu-data

match ip dscp af43

!

policy-map frame-56

class rtu-data

priority percent 20

class network-mgt-data

bandwidth percent 5

class class-default

random-detect dscp-based

fair-queue

!

interface Serial0/2/0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

load-interval 30

no fair-queue

service-module t1 clock source internal

frame-relay traffic-shaping

!

interface Serial0/2/0.501 point-to-point

bandwidth 56

ip address 10.41.111.50 255.255.255.0

snmp trap link-status

frame-relay class frame-56

frame-relay interface-dlci 501

class frame-56

!

map-class frame-relay frame-56

frame-relay cir 56000

frame-relay bc 300

frame-relay be 0

frame-relay mincir 56000

service-policy output frame-56

!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have !

1 Reply 1

Daniel Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Minor correction to above:

gateway router linked via FE to testrouter 50. TR51 has a T1 frame relay loop to another router acting as a frame relay switch.

should be:

gateway router linked via FE to testrouter 50. TR50 has a T1 frame relay loop to another router acting as a frame relay switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card