Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Priority vs. Bandwidth Commands

Questions:

1. If I set aside 30% of T1 bandwidth using Priority command and it actually uses 20% of it, does the remaining 10% get distributed into the rest of the Classes in QoS? or does Bandwith command do so?

I am unclear if either one of them will do it.

Greatly appreciated any feedback or TID to reference it.

Thanks!

Hieu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Priority vs. Bandwidth Commands

Any unused bandwidth is shared among other classes. That applies to both LLQ and CBWFQ. In your scenario, the 10% bandwidth will be available for other classes defined in the policy map.

HTH

Sundar

2 REPLIES

Any unused bandwidth is shared among other classes. That applies to both LLQ and CBWFQ. In your scenario, the 10% bandwidth will be available for other classes defined in the policy map.

HTH

Sundar

Thanks, Sundar! I've also found the info from Cisco QoS FAQs..

" Although the bandwidth guarantees provided by issuing the bandwidth and priority commands have been described with words like "reserved" and "bandwidth to be set aside", neither command implements a true reservation. Meaning, if a traffic class is not using its configured bandwidth, any unused bandwidth is shared among the other classes. "

Hieu

Views
Helpful
Replies