Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private VLAN Confiiguration on 3750 with two or more isolated vlans

Hello,

I configured the private VLANs on a  WS-C3750-48P with C3750 Software (C3750-IPSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5.
this is the configuration I did:

vlan 500
  private-vlan primary
  private-vlan association 1100

vlan 1100
  private-vlan isolated
!
vlan 1101
  private-vlan isolated
!
vlan 1102
  private-vlan isolated
!

vlan 1103
  private-vlan isolated
!
even if I submit the command private-vlan association 1100-1103 and or try to add the vlan one by one, I am not able to associate more than one private vlan to the primary vlan 500.

Switch#sh vlan private-vlan

Primary Secondary Type              Ports
------- --------- ----------------- ------------------------------------------
500     1100      isolated
        1101      isolated
        1102      isolated
        1103      isolated

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

thank you

stefano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey,

Correct, only one Isolated primary vlan is associated with Primary private vlan. Snippet from configuration guide:

"A primary VLAN can have one isolated VLAN and multiple community VLANs associated with it. An isolated or community VLAN can have only one primary VLAN associated with it."

HTH.

Regards,

RS

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

You can have one Isolated vlan per primary vlan.

You ,may also check configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_53_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swpvlan.html#wp1039817

Regards,

RS

Rajeevsh,so if I do not misunderstand, you could associate to a primary VLAN different community vlans, but only one private vlan?

Hey,

Correct, only one Isolated primary vlan is associated with Primary private vlan. Snippet from configuration guide:

"A primary VLAN can have one isolated VLAN and multiple community VLANs associated with it. An isolated or community VLAN can have only one primary VLAN associated with it."

HTH.

Regards,

RS

My bad i wanted to write "only one Isolated private vlan is associated with Primary private vlan"

Regards,

RS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card