Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Privileged GUI access in 3560 Switch

Hi All,

I am installing Cisco 3560 Switch. I have enabled HTTP access to the switch using "ip http server". I am able to open the switch in GUI Mode also using the Username and Password

It is opening in Privilege Level 15. Thus i am able to change / configure the switch setting if i login to switch using this username and password.

But I want to have different userlevel privilege to login to the switch. For example username staff should view only the port parameter details and not allowed to configure/Change the switch speed setting.

Another privileged user admin should be allowed to do all the activity like monitoring / configure the switch

Hope this information is enough to guide me

Thanks in advance,

R.B.Kumar

1 REPLY

Re: Privileged GUI access in 3560 Switch

Not currently possible as HTTP access requires Level 15 privileges and this can't be changed. You could use Cisco ACS & TACACS+ and enable command authorization and then assign users to different groups which have certain commands enabled or disabled. I think that is your only option.

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies