Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in layer 3 switch

anilbhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

respected sir

iam anil bhardwaj Sen Network Engineer in Nahr Group Of Companies at Ludhiana (India). We have cisco 3 layer switch of 3560 series.We face the problem that when we attached our three sun solrise server with this switch then its ports LEDs starts blink amber color. it blinks amber color only for one or two mintus.when it blinks amer our working speeds becomes slow. we have already chane its cables,with which we have attached the servers. The lan card of server are 10/100/1000 speed. we have already set full duplex mode .we have also change the ports but the problem is still remaining. pls tell me the solution

Best regards

Anil bhardwaj(Sen Network Engineer)

Nahar Group of companies

Ludhiana (India)

Mob:-09872645764

E-Mail :---anil_san143@yahoo.com

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Anil

Can you check your logs in your 3560 Switch ?

Logs will provide vital details for your to troubleshoot what might be going wrong in your switch.

You can check out the same using show log command in your switch..

do make sure that you have enabled logging before using the command show log.

regds

sir

i have not check the log. i dont know how to check the log. i want ot tell u the problem in detail.

we have puchaged ths switch 15 months ago. we have also another 3550 series. the configuratons of both switch are same. we have copy the configuration the 3550 series switch in 3560 series switch. when we connect the server with 3550 series switch then it works properly but when we connect the sever with 3560 seris switch the its Port LEDs starts amber color. if there is possible then pls send me detail in to my email,how i check the swicth. My e-Mial id is anil_san143@yahoo.com

Hello Anil,

is the 3560 a gigabit enabled one ?? check if there are any speed/duplex mismatches between the switchport and the server.. you can run auto/ auto or best thing is to force the speed/duplex to 100/full... Check this and let us know... also enable "portfast" on the switchport to make sure the switch comes online soon....

All the best...

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card