cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Interconnection HSRP (Two Routers 1721 and CE500)

martinez.david2
Level 4
Level 4

Following the connection of two routers Cisco 1721 - 12.3(17a)(HSRP configuration) and the connection of these two routers on a CE500(12.2(25)FY), we encounter problems of connectivity.Identified problems: inpossibility to fix speed on the ports, that generates a loss of connectivity towards the routers 1721, big problems of slownesses are encountered, the commands "arp timeout 30" and "standby use-bia" are positioned on the Ethernet interfaces of the routers.

Do you have any solutions for these various problems?

5 Replies 5

sourabhagarwal
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry, but I didn't got your problem exactly.

impossibility to fix speed on the ports .... which port it is? is it router or CE500? what is the speed/duplex setting configured on router interfaces connecting CE500?

do you see any messages appearing in log?

do you see any errors/collisions on interfaces?

Two routers Cisco 1721 - 12.3(17a)(HSRP configuration) are connected on a switch CE500(12.2(25)FY), there is a connectivity problem. Identified problems: inpossibility to fix the speed between the routers and the switch, when i fix the speed on the CE500, there isn't link up between the equipments (by fixing the speed on the routers too).

The commands "arp timeout 30" and "standby use-bia" are positioned on the Ethernet interfaces of the routers, that makes it possible to solve problem HSRP but not slowness on the link, it has neither errors there nor collisions on the link.

mihanlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Martin,

To set the speed and duplex on the CE500, you need to go into Configure -> Port settings. Set the ports going to the routers to speed 100 and duplex full.

For the 1700 routers, go into interface configuration mode and type:

speed 100

duplex full

Hope this helps,

Michael - Cisco TAC

I made all this handling, but when I fix on the two sides speed, the link becomes down

can you set speed/duplex to auto/auto on both sides and check if it works?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco