Views
Helpful
Replies

problem on IOS upgrade

pn4410278
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've a problem when upgrade IOS advipservices 12.2(25)-SED to advipservices 12.2(25)-SEE2 on Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24-TS switch , The upgrade process was done well , but when I was reloaded the switch ,the log is complain this messages all the time.

"%SCHED-2-MESSAGE: Key (Cluster Base) does not match key (OSPF Hello) of process (177) in process_send_message request Process= "CDP Protocol", ipl= 0, pid= 89 Traceback= B52F6C 100B6A4 A47258 A4847C A4282C A41EA8 90CA44 90300C".

I don't have any clue about this message. But it seem that the switch is work properly. So Could someone please help me?

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards,

Pantorn

5 Replies 5

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

I pulled this from the cisco DOCs..

Error Message

%SCHED-2-MESSAGE : Key ([chars]) does not match key ([chars]) of process ([dec]) in process_send_message request

Explanation An attempt has been made to send a message to a process. The key associated with the process did not match the key in the message. This condition occurs when an incorrect process id is used in the send message request.

Recommended Action Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

mihanlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pantorn,

I have searched through our bug system and found you may be experiencing the bug, CSCsd53447.

This will hopefully be fixed in the next release, 12.2(25)SEG as per the bug notes.

A workaround is to disable CDP if possible, or revert to an earlier version.

Hope this helps,

Michael.

pn4410278
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lots for yours help.

I don't want to disable CDP caused It's a useful protocol for tracking system [ for me :) ]. So maybe I'll revert an IOS to an earlier version. But the problem is I've a plan to stack two 3750 switch

which a newer switch have IOS version 12.2(25)-SEE2 (So this is why I try to upgrade an old one). So Should I revert an IOS on both switch ?

Hello,

When do you plan to stack them? If you want to stack them, then you should have the same IOS on both.

Otherwise you could wait for the new version scheduled for December, and then stack them once the new version is out. It's up to you, but usually using an older release in production is better because it's been tested more widely.

Thanks,

Michael.

pn4410278
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks, agian mihanlin. I've a plan to stack on next week. So as you say I should revert to an earlier IOS version (Maybe SEE1 or SEE). :)

Pantorn

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card