Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem while stacking the Cisco 2960 switch

gauravasthana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having issue while doing the stacking on the switch. Detail is as followed:-

We have two cisco 2960 switches in stack which are having a common IP. I want to add one more switch in the stack. So I make the same iOS of the new switch as with previous one and attached the stack cables. After that when I started all the switches than switch 1 & switch 2 showing duplicate IP error. and stacking also not done.Although all the switch 3 ports appear in the Master configuration files.

Could you please help me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

5 Replies 5

Parvesh Paliwal
Level 3
Level 3

share the configs and logs please

Hi Parvesh,

Please find the configuration file when there was two swtich in stack. Right now due to duplicate IP issue I shutdown 1 switch. So at present only 1 switch is working and other two switch are shutdown.

Thanks

Gaurav

Parvesh Paliwal
Level 3
Level 3

are you using flexstack ?

Please check and confirm if you have connected the switches like this.

waiting for your revert.

I have done the same configuration. Problem is the first two switches was running on a single IP and when I added the third one then rest 2 switches are showing duuplicate IP address. And in all 3 switch Master LED is ON. Means that all the switch becomes master. How to overcome this.

Thanks

Gaurav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card