Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with 7204VXR

Hi!I have this error message from an IOS 7204VXR Router. ** Warning: HSPRE_REPLAY_BAD At File ipsecdecode.c:460 ** Value(0x292C8B) is below current window left edge(0x292C8C)

I doesnt find an<thing about it.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem with 7204VXR

Hi Alex,

Can you post the "sh run" with "sh version" from your router?

Ankur

Hi ! Here the sh run and version

Cisco Employee

The message indicates that the packet that was received is so much out of order that it slipped out of the reception window.

This typically happens when

a) A packet is process switched while others are CEF switched

b) QoS is activated and certain class of service are being starved

c) some packets take fancy paths that make them far out of order and they arrive late.

You do not have any QOS implemented so Regarding a) and c) along with bug CSCeg43855 which addresses the sequence numbering of packets we send just before encrypting, there might be other factors contributing to receiving out of order packets, and eventually seeing this error message reported, like 'once on the network, a packet might get processed switched for some reason while others get CEF switched, and this could cause very late packets.

Seemingly, at destination (just before decrypting), the same kind of thing could happen, and cause the message you are seeing. There is nothing you can do about that.

Typically, this sort of thing happens when packets are fragmented after being encrypted. They require reassembly before decryption and this takes and awful lot of time. Look for reassembly counters in 'show ip traffic'. If these increase when the problem happen, you have a likely culprit; reducing the ip mtu on the tunnel is a recommended solution.

HTH

Ankur

Ok ! Thanks for help !

I must analyze the problem, but i think one of our server in front of the router is the problem.

Hi !

The problem is then, when an Server makes an Backup to an IBM StorageLibary. The Server is in Front of the Router, but not in an GRE Tunnel. When the Backup is aktive, the interface utilization is 100 % . The router cpu is near 90 %. Is it possible that the router is overload and he discard the packets ?

Views
Helpful
Replies