insert7992
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to download the IOS 12.4(11)T. I went to :

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/

and clicked on :

"Cisco IOS Software"

The authentication is always failed when I type in my CISCO account and password.

Why does this happen? I'm sure I didn't make mistakes on typing. Do I need to register another high level account(if it exist) to obtain the IOS?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

19 Replies 19

WCCP is just a redirector and most of the work is done by the web cache engine, in this case Squid.

I'm not familiar with Squid so I won't be able to give you any advise on that.

BTW, I reviewed the link you posted and I believe he is referring to this bug:

CSCuk54872

Bug Details

Headline

No WCCP/CEF support in C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M image

Product

IOS

Feature

WCCP

Components Duplicate of

Severity 3 Severity help Status Resolved Status help

First Found-in Version 12.3 All affected versions First Fixed-in Version 12.3(12.5), 12.3(12.6)T, 12.3(11)T06, 12.3(8)T09, 12.3(11)YW Version help

Release Notes

Symptom:

Redirection by WCCP does not occur in the ADVSECURITYK9 image.

Conditions:

Both WCCP and CEF are enabled.

Workaround:

Redirection will work if CEF is disabled. However before this is done the performance implications

should be considered. An alternative is to use a different image variant for the platform if the

features of ADVSECURITYK9 are not required.

Thanks.

Do I need to warry about this WCCP/CEF bugs in the combination of 12.4(11)T and 2610XM? In addition, I'm not quite understand the bug details you showed me. Is it because of image object?(this could be a naive question)

No, you don't need to worry on 12.4(11)T and versions listed above such as:

12.3(12.5), 12.3(12.6)T, 12.3(11)T06, 12.3(8)T09, 12.3(11)YW

Thank you for all your help. I really mean it. It will take for ever to set up my experiment system without your kindly help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card