Helpful
Replies

Problem with IP Connectivity

krishna.vv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an intercity 2 Mbps link which is over ethernet.Scenario is:

Cisco 2811 Router - Cisco Switch 2950 - 2 Mbps Ethernet Media - Cisco Switch 2950 - Cisco 1841 Router

Unfortunately, what is happening is, some times i am loosing the IP connectivity between the two routers. How ever, when i see CDP neighbours, i am seeing the other end router, but IP connectivity is not happening. The IP connectivity gets restored either when the physical media is reset or the switch port is shut and no shut.

I need your guidance in helping me what the problem is.

Earlier, we used to notice the port as Err_disabled. How ever on configuring errdisable recovery, we not finding the port as err_disabled. How ever, the problem still persists.

Request your kind guidance on it.

Thanks and Regards,

Vamsi Krishna

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the connection itself on the 2950 as the drawing says ? If so verify with the vendor how they have their ethernet interface configured . Ask them if the connection is auto/auto or do they have it hardcoded . You should match the port configurations on each end where they plug into the carrier .

hi..i would suspected the point you said as valid if the link was always down. The link goes down only at specific intervals...only in the evenings.....it works decently the whole day....i am getting the port on the service provider changed. inchallah, the problem should be solved. If yes, shall update you.

Maybe vendor is doing some kind of testing each day at specific times ????

hey, how come i see the other end router in CDP neighbourship but not the IP connectivity...can u please clarify.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card