Hi I am with a great problem. We are changing to several routers in our customer. The topology is, internal network <-> to balancer <-> old to router <-> MPLS <-> old router/new to router <-> to balancer <-> internal network destination. We already change router of the Central Site and all the branch offices had kept normal communication more, having access applicatory and all. However, when we change routers of the branch offices, it does not have conectividade. In all to router them of the branch offices 2 routes, one for the internal net and another one exist default for the MPLS. However, without balancer, it has conectividade. The administrator of balancer (linux), said that he does not have knotting for mac. But I am lost now, therefore he only has 2 routes in router, without balancer he has conectividade, with it up, does not have, with old to only router, that running-config ?copied? for new had its routers and the administrator of balancer says that has problems of routes in router. Somebody can give a light to me?
In your case, you need to troubleshoot from the basic level:
1) Try to confirm connectivity between load balancer and router. Try ping between load balancer and router & vice-versa.
2) If the ping is successful, then you need to check the configuration of the router. You need to check the static route pointing towards load balancer.
3)Try to use traceroute command from the router towards the LAN segment as well as towards the WAN segment.
4) While doing traceroute towards LAN segment, you should get the first hop ip address of Load balancer.
5) Similarly try testing from a LAN PC: Ping from PC to load balancer, PC to router's ethernet interface.
6)If the above tests are not successful, you need to check the configuration of load balancer and take help from the administrator.
If possible, kindly send the configuration of the router and the load balancer.
Pls rate if helpful.
All without load balancer it's OK, ping, tracert, show ip route! As internal net or remote net.
But with load balancer and NEW router, the remote net is unreachable, traceroute show me that the router remote drop the packet
But with load balancer and OLD router, the connectivity end-to-end is OK.
Please see the following points carefully:
1) You have 2 ethernet interfaces in new router whereas you were only having one ethernet port in the old router. You need to check that you have connected Fa0/0 of the new router to the load balancer.
2) Once it is confirmed that Fa0/0 of the new router is connected to the Load balancer, You need to ping from the new router to 10.236.253.254 ( Please tell me whether it is successfull or not)
3)If your ping is not successful, then there can be an "arp issue" with the load balancer. You need to clear the arp on the load balancer if possible otherwise rebooting the load balancer also might help.
4) If the second ethernet port of the new router Fa0/1 is not in use, it is recommended that you put the interface in shutdown mode to aviod confusion.
Pls rate if helpful
pgcristovam instead of posting the same query in multiple section/group forum keep this with in one heading as i can see the same posting in other heading/section too.
Yes, the new router ping the load balancer, the load balancer ping the new router and the pc's behind the load balancer ping the new router, but the pc's behing the load balancer don't ping the pc's behing load balancer remote, but, without load balancer, yes!
The fa0/1 is in use, to PABX Siemens.
I saw something in the tests of yesterday that I made.
With ping extend. In site central. Ping from the fa0/1 ping the internal interface of load balancer, but from the serial interface don't ping the interface of load balancer