cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with "route-maps" on a 3750 switch.

rcapao
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 switch and I am trying to configure PBR (route-maps) in it.

But when I try to apply the policy to a vlan interface the policy does not show in the interface.

So I can not use PBR to choose my default gateway!

Question: Does PBR work in a 3750 switch? Can PBR be configured in a vlan interface? There is any problem with the IOS that I do not know?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Capao

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PBR is not supported on IP Base. Please post the output from 'show version'.

Regards,

Edison

Policy Based Routing (PBR) implementation in Cisco Catalyst 3750       switches has some limitations. If these restrictions are not followed, it can       cause high CPU utilization.

• You can enable PBR on a routed port or an SVI.

• The switch does not support route-map deny statements for           PBR.

• Multicast traffic is not policy-routed. PBR applies only to unicast           traffic.

• Do not match ACLs that permit packets destined for a local address.           PBR forwards these packets, which can cause ping or Telnet failure or route           protocol flapping.

• Do not match ACLs with deny ACEs. Packets that match a deny ACE are           sent to the CPU, which can cause high CPU utilization.

• In order to use PBR, you must first enable the routing template with           the sdm prefer routing global configuration command.           PBR is not supported with the VLAN or default           template.

OK,

This is the "sh version" of the c3750.

Thanks,

Rui Capao

rcapao
Level 1
Level 1

OK,

This is the "sh version" of the c3750.

Thanks,

Rui Capao

You have IP Services feature set.

Follow Eugene's suggestion and change your SDM template to routing. After changing it, you must reboot the switch.

Regads,

Edison

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card