Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with route-maps and PBR

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I have a Cisco 7120-SMI3 and I'm doing NAT for some customers. Other customers have static IPs which are routed over 2 different interfaces. For NAT I have a route-map applied on the outgoing interface:

route-map n permit 10

match ip address route_map_nat

set interface Dialer1

route-map n permit 20

set ip next-hop 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2

set interface FastEthernet0/0 FastEthernet 1/0

route-map n deny 30

I also have to static default routes, one with a higher metric (floating routes).

The problem is, that when the line protocol of FastEthernet0/0 goes down,

the default route gets set to the one with the higher metric, but the route-map where I set the next-hop stillt points to the next-hop of the first interface and so the packets get to /dev/null

I thought about PBR support for multiple tracking objects, but this is only supported in 12.4 which my 7120 doesn't support (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080457bcc.html#wp1027265)

Is there any other possible solution for my problem?

Thank you,

Martin

1 REPLY

Re: Problem with route-maps and PBR

Try using the access list so that you can filter the trafiic to appropriate interface.On 7120 by disabling ip cef the ip policy routing works.

Views
Helpful
Replies