Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with SNMP on second 3750 Switch

mesracisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I'm facing problem with my 2nd Cisco 3750, its about SNMP, for sure i can get responce with:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c SWDC1 202.188.5.2 IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex

Result:

IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.202.188.5.2 = INTEGER: 1

But when i try to:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c SWDC2 202.188.5.3 IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex

I will get result with:

Timeout: No Response from 202.188.5.3

May i know what the problem is ?

Please help and Thank you so much

P/S: Attach with diagram.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have IP connectivity to SWDC2 from your NMS i.e., if you run ping 202.188.5.3 from your management system that you get a successful response.

If that's confirmed you should check that the community string you're using is the same as that configured on the switch. On the switch execute the show running | in ^snmp-server community command and ensure the string seen is the same as you're using.

Additionally check to see whether the snmp-server community <string> command in your configuration uses an access list e.g., snmp-server community SWDC2 RO 10. If it does, then ensure the IP address of your NMS is included within the ACL.

Note that the snmp-server community command may also be configured with the RW (Read-Write) string and use a named access list rather than a number.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have IP connectivity to SWDC2 from your NMS i.e., if you run ping 202.188.5.3 from your management system that you get a successful response.

If that's confirmed you should check that the community string you're using is the same as that configured on the switch. On the switch execute the show running | in ^snmp-server community command and ensure the string seen is the same as you're using.

Additionally check to see whether the snmp-server community <string> command in your configuration uses an access list e.g., snmp-server community SWDC2 RO 10. If it does, then ensure the IP address of your NMS is included within the ACL.

Note that the snmp-server community command may also be configured with the RW (Read-Write) string and use a named access list rather than a number.

Regards

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card