Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with SNMP on second 3750 Switch

mesracisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I'm facing problem with my 2nd Cisco 3750, its about SNMP, for sure i can get responce with:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c SWDC1 202.188.5.2 IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex

Result:

IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.202.188.5.2 = INTEGER: 1

But when i try to:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c SWDC2 202.188.5.3 IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex

I will get result with:

Timeout: No Response from 202.188.5.3

May i know what the problem is ?

Please help and Thank you so much

P/S: Attach with diagram.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have IP connectivity to SWDC2 from your NMS i.e., if you run ping 202.188.5.3 from your management system that you get a successful response.

If that's confirmed you should check that the community string you're using is the same as that configured on the switch. On the switch execute the show running | in ^snmp-server community command and ensure the string seen is the same as you're using.

Additionally check to see whether the snmp-server community <string> command in your configuration uses an access list e.g., snmp-server community SWDC2 RO 10. If it does, then ensure the IP address of your NMS is included within the ACL.

Note that the snmp-server community command may also be configured with the RW (Read-Write) string and use a named access list rather than a number.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have IP connectivity to SWDC2 from your NMS i.e., if you run ping 202.188.5.3 from your management system that you get a successful response.

If that's confirmed you should check that the community string you're using is the same as that configured on the switch. On the switch execute the show running | in ^snmp-server community command and ensure the string seen is the same as you're using.

Additionally check to see whether the snmp-server community <string> command in your configuration uses an access list e.g., snmp-server community SWDC2 RO 10. If it does, then ensure the IP address of your NMS is included within the ACL.

Note that the snmp-server community command may also be configured with the RW (Read-Write) string and use a named access list rather than a number.

Regards

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card