Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Switch and RADUIS Server

Not applicable

Have problem with some Switches.. They connected to RADUIS server, when I try to login using my User Name and Passowrd it's showing me:

% timeout expired

% Authentication failed

and when I cut the power from the Switch and put it back agian, it's working fine.. Any Suggestion about this issue???

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ameer,

If I understood your concern right, you mean to say that it only works when you reload the switches in question.

Could you please explain little more about your setup like:

1.] When you see prompt for username and password, it doesn't allow you to enter the credentials and timeout.

2.] Could you please attch "show run" and "show ver" from one of the switches?

3.] What radius server are you using? Do you see any error on the radius server?

I would also request for debugs to further troubleshoot this issue if required:

debug radius

debug aaa authen

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

I guess it would be usefull to reconfigure your aaa to authenticate console logons with enable password only.

In this case you will be able to troubleshoot radius.

Thanks For Reply,

Jatin,

I'm able to see UN and PW prompt, and when I Enter my US and PW it show like that:
This Switch was working fine. and then this issue happend..

Also when I connect to Consol Cable I have the Same Issue. I can't login to the Switch from Consol or Telnet until I reboot the Switch.

One more thing, I have many Switches With Same Model and IOS, connected to same RADUIS Server and all Working Fine..

Switch is 3560-24 Ports

Thanks

Ameer

Thanks!!!

I guess you forgot to reply question 2 and 3.

2.] Could you please attch "show run" and "show ver" from one of the switches?

3.] What radius server are you using? Do you see any error on the radius server?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card