Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problems controlling C2960 using NI VISA interface

Hello all--I work at a test system manufacturer.  We have a system in which we are using a Catalyst 2960 48 channel Gigaethernet switch to test ethernet ports on the customer's device.  At this point I am just trying to achieve communication between my PC and the switch over a USB connection to configure it using CLI commands sent with National Instruments VISA software interface.  My problem has been that despite success in configuring the switch in this way (it responds as it has when I do it manually using a hyperterminal connection), with every viRead and viWrite I get a VISA error.  When I send a command with viWrite, despite the command actually getting to the switch and having its desired effect, VISA comes back with an IO error.  Whenever I read the switch response with a viRead (and reading exactly what I expect to), I get a timeout error.

Why don't I ask NI, you say?  Well, I have and have gotten nowhere with them.  Just a lot of questions and no answers.

I'm not an IT professional; I don't know if anyone else out there might be using a switch in this way--I hope so!  I need some help figuring this one out.  Thanks for all input and suggestions.

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content