Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems in trunking with HWIC-4ESW on cisco 1921

Hello !

We have been facing a problem at my company ! We have a Cisco Router 1921 with one HWIC-4ESW in trunking with a RuggedCom switch RSG2100.

When I use the GigabitEthernet port to make a trunk, I create 2 sub-interfaces (one for each Vlan) and configure the Port on Switch as Trunk, the inter-VLan routing works with no problem.

But now I need to use this configuration using the HWIC-4ESW on Router, and I can't do this work. I try creat interface Vlan for each vlan, and try creating the VLans at Router Vlans database, but no way. At router I enter in interface and try to do the switchport trunk command to add a Vlan, but doesn't work.

Can anyone please do a little help to me ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: Problems in trunking with HWIC-4ESW on cisco 1921

To me it looks like you have mismatched native vlans on each side , vlan 1  on one side and vlan 30 on the other. Trunking setup must match on both sides.

4 REPLIES
Purple

Sample . Native vlans must match on each device. Cant help you with the non cisco device.

router# vlan database

enter

vlan 2 , enter

vlan 3 ,enter

exit

SUMMARY STEPS

1.                           enable

2.                           configure                                   terminal

3.    interface fastethernet interface-id

4.                           shutdown

5.    switchport mode trunk

6.    switchport  trunk native vlan vlan-number

7.    switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,3

8.                           no             shutdown

9.                           end

router# conf t

interf vlan 2

ip address 192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0

no shut

interf vlan 3

ip address 192.168.3.254 255.255.255.0

no shut

write mem

Ok Now it's working !

But now other problem appear !

The trunk (fast 0/0/1) with my ruggedcom network works ok, intervlan routing is working and so.  So now I link other port in trunk at same interface ( fast 0/0/3 ) with another swicth from 3com. When I plug the 3com cable cord, the  int fast 0/0/1 goes down and I receive the follow message in debug:

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to down

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to down

dot1x-registry:dot1x_switch_port_linkcomingup invoked on interface Fa0/0/3

dot1x-registry:** dot1x_switch_vp_statechange:

dot1x-ev:vlan 1 vp is added on the interface FastEthernet0/0/3

dot1x-ev:vlan 30 vp is added on the interface FastEthernet0/0/3

dot1x-ev:vlan 40 vp is added on the interface FastEthernet0/0/3

%DTP-5-TRUNKPORTON: Port Fa0/0/3 has become dot1q trunk

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to up

%SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN1. Port consistency restored.

%SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN30. Port consistency restored. PVST+:Inconsistency timer expired. inconsistency 0

cleared for FastEthernet0/0/1

PVST+:Inconsistency timer expired. inconsistency 0

cleared for FastEthernet0/0/1

%SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on FastEthernet0/0/1 VLAN30.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN1. Inconsistent peer vlan.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN30. Inconsistent local vlan.

I put attached my router configuration and  topology layout for analisys.

What I'm doing wrong ?thanks

Purple

To me it looks like you have mismatched native vlans on each side , vlan 1  on one side and vlan 30 on the other. Trunking setup must match on both sides.

Thanks my man, You was very helpfull and I solve my problems.

If came to Brazil email me I pay the beer !

Thanks !!!!!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies