Helpful
Replies

Problems routing

edgar-quintana
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I attach my configuration.

There is a problem routing in this configuration, is no possible to ping with this attached configuration to 192.168.15x.x machine and 10.21.18.21 machine.

Now, with this configuration I only can ping to 10.21.18.21 machine...

why?

Best regards and thks.

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Edgar

I recognize sometimes the need to protect sensitive data. But to post a config about a routing problem in which interfaces are blanked out and ip addresses are hidden is to prevent us from helping you figure out your problem. If we are to be able to help you at all with this issue you must give us reasonable information to work with.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I agree with Rick, it is hard to know what you have set up with everything important removed. One thing I see is your ip route statement.

Right now you have a default route going to ATM1.1 and there is no metric there.

Then you have a route statment for 192.168.156.0 to go out ATM0.1 with a weight of 200.

Remove the weight.

ip route 192.168.156.0 255.255.255.0 ATM0.1

Then make sure the interface is up/up and that you don't have an acl on the other end blocking ICMP

Hi,

First... you are right excuse me!!!!!!!!!!

I only post routing parts because I "play" with routes and metrics and worked fine only one no both.

I'll make the changes

Best regards

HI,

Not helpfull...

I'have added static routes as follows:

ip route 192.168.156.0 255.255.255.0 ATM0.1 but

nothing.

what can I do?

Edgar:

Como que usted no entiende lo que te estan pidiendo.

Como putas vamos a poder ayudarte y explicarte cuales son las equivocaciones en el config si has escondido toda la informacion pertinente???

Tenemos que ver todos los IP addresses de todos los interfaces, etc...

Ya basta con esa chingueria, hombre..

Victor

paste your config as requested in the first reply. This will help understand what you have in place. You are using private IP's so no worry of security there.

Also provide:

sh ip int brief

traceroutes from both directions

along with the config.

Thomas Tobias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please ignore...just testing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card