Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems running WCCPv2 on C3560-24PS-S with WAE-612

jbirley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am exploring the use of using WCCP for our WAN acceleration solution instead of using in-line cards in our WAE's. I have setup a small test lab and have enabled WCCPv2 on a C3560 switch connected to a WAE-612. I would be most grateful if you could check whether I have the correct configuration on the switch and WAE as the switch is not redirecting any client traffic to the WAE. I am aware of issue CSCsj80574 on the k9 images in the 3560 but I believe this should not affect me as I am running advanced IP services.

Best Regards,

Jon

1 Reply 1

drivey
Level 1
Level 1

If available, please post a tcpdump of port UDP 2048 that captures the wccp control messages between the router/switch and WAE. The wccp i_see_you and here_i_am messages between the router/switch and WAE would be a helpful addition to the details already provided. Ideally the trace should be started _before_ the WAAS service starts and then run for ~1 minute thereafter. When filtered on udp port 2048 the estimated tcpdump file size would be < 10k.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card