Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Purpose of NVI Interface

Hi Guys,

I just want to ask what is the purpose of the NVI interface? It appears on the lists of my router interfaces after I configure NAT. I noticed that it replicate the IP address of my NAT outside interface. As a result, I can't ping my point-to-point router. I tried to remove the IP Address but there's no command "int NVI #".

BTW, this was done on GNS3.

Thank you so much

Rex

• LAN Switching and Routing
3 REPLIES

hi rex,were you able to ping

hi rex,

were you able to ping prior applying NAT?

make sure ports are unshut and on the same IP subnet.

here's a useful link explaining NVI interface:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/legacy/0/8/0/60080-NAT%20Virtual%20Interface.pdf

Hi johnlloyd_13 Thank you so

Hi johnlloyd_13

Thank you so much for this. I was able to fix this by recreating everything that I've started in the GNS3. I think its bug on the GNS3 since  I was able to do ping prior applying NAT and I make all ports are unshut and they're on the same IP subnet.

I wondering if NVI interface is still on the ISR G2 routers today.

Thank you so much

Rex

Hi johnlloyd_13 Thank you so

Hi johnlloyd_13

Thank you so much for this. I was able to fix this by recreating everything that I've started in the GNS3. I think its bug on the GNS3 since  I was able to do ping prior applying NAT and I make all ports are unshut and they're on the same IP subnet.

I wondering if NVI interface is still on the ISR G2 routers today.

Thank you so much

Rex

Views
Helpful
Replies