Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

QoS by IP Address

We want to divide our traffic into two catagories: production system traffic and everything else. The production system is on three ip subnet only. We want to give the product system 88% of a particular interface and let everything else use the remaining 12%. Using SDM we did the attached configuration and the following lines would be added to the config:

class-map match-any Prod-System

match access-group name qos1

!

!

policy-map SDM-QoS-Policy-1

class Prod-System

set dscp af13

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

description $FW_INSIDE$

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

ip route-cache flow

duplex auto

speed auto

media-type rj45

negotiation auto

service-policy output SDM-QoS-Policy-1

!

ip access-list extended qos1

remark QoS: Production LANs Access

remark SDM_ACL Category=1

permit ip 10.101.0.0 0.0.255.255 any

permit ip 10.102.0.0 0.0.255.255 any

permit ip 10.103.0.0 0.0.255.255 any

!

Is this a best practices way of going about this and will this work as we expect? Any other critiques?

QOS policy SDM view

Access list used by QoS Policy

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: QoS by IP Address

Use an access list - to port ranges is from 3200 - 3299 - I believe it is the best choice.

Re: QoS by IP Address

Well though its seems easier to configure via SDM, i prefer the CLI.

As per the SDM, it shows that LLQ has been configured for 88% which should have ideally reflected as

policy-map SDM-QoS-Policy-1

class Prod-System

priority percent 88 >>> seems to be missing

set dscp af13

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect

Also as per cisco srnd recommendations, your LLQ traffic should not exceed 33% of your link and hence i would have configured assured forewarding instead of LLQ

eq

policy-map QoS-Policy

class Prod-System

bandwidth percent 88

set dscp af13

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect

int g 0/0

bandwidth

max-reserved-bandwidth 100

service-policy output QoS-Policy

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

3394
Views
0
Helpful
2
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content