Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos classification using ACL

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Dear Gents,

We are planing to implement Qos in our environment and there is some issue which is related to DSCP markings.

Currently we have some applications which cannot mark the traffic and i am planning to use ACL to mark them.Below is the sample.

ip access-list exteneded qosmark

permit ip host 10.1.120.50 any

class-map qosclass

match access-group qosmark

policy-map mark

class qosmark

set dscp af21

interface ten1/4

service-policy mark output

I am confused and want to clarify whether all my other traffic which is not specified in the access-list will be denied or it will flow without being marked.

I am concerned here because there is explicit deny at the end of acl.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

If you configured it as you propose, you would see something like this:

R1#sh policy-map int fa0/0

FastEthernet0/0

Service-policy output: mark

Class-map: class-default (match-any)

7 packets, 1293 bytes

5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: any

A default class is implicitly added to your policy map and all other traffic is forwarded via it.

regards,

Leo

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean that there is no need for permit ip any any under the ACL..?.and all other traffic will forwarded without being marked and denied.

Please confrim.

Thanks

Hi,

I am confused and want to clarify whether all my other traffic which is not specified in the access-list will be denied or it will flow without being marked.

The traffic that is not matched by the policy-map will not be droped and will not have the DSCP modified by this equipment - because it could be marked when arrives at this point ( teoretically ).

You can use your posted configuration without any fear.

Dan

mahmoodmkl wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean that there is no need for permit ip any any under the ACL..?.and all other traffic will forwarded without being marked and denied.

Please confrim.

Thanks

Yes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card