cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Configuration

ezeaobinna
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 10Mbps bandwidth in my company and access to other websites are pretty fast but a particular IP address which is our host server address in another continent  isn't opening fast. I want to configure QOS to give it priority pass but unable to do that because the solutions I found wasn't specific to an IP address. Please help me solve this problem. My email is ezeaobinna@gmail.com. 

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just future posts probably raise  questions like this in LAN or WAN section you would get a quicker response , this is an events section of the forum

you would use MQC qos with class and policy map but match against an acl that way you can specify the actual ip address and the priority based against it like below example

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_mqc/configuration/xe-3s/qos-mqc-xe-3s-book/qos-apply.html

Configuration Examples for Applying QoS Features Using the MQC

Creating a Traffic Class

In the following example, we create traffic classes and define their match criteria. For the first traffic class (class1), we use access control list (ACL) 101 as match criteria; for the second traffic class (class2), ACL 102. We check the packets against the contents of these ACLs to determine if they belong to the class.

class-map class1
  match access-group 101
  exit
class-map class2
  match access-group 102
  end

Creating a Policy Map

In the following example, we define a traffic policy (policy1) containing the QoS features that we will apply to two classes: class1 and class2. The match criteria for these classes were previously defined in Creating a Traffic Class).

For class1, the policy includes a bandwidth allocation request and a maximum packet count limit for the queue reserved for that class. For class2, the policy specifies only a bandwidth allocation request.

policy-map policy1
  class class1
    bandwidth 3000
    queue-limit 30
    exit
  class class2
    bandwidth 2000
    end

Thanks Mark Malone for your candid response to the problem. I will study and implement it. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card