Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS for individual users

harisapkota123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm trying to apply QoS in my LAN network in order to give dedicated bandwidth to 100 users if any user is trying to go to www.youtube.com. For rest of the traffic, I don't need to dedicate the amount of bandwidth.

As per my solution, I can create a class-map matching pattern "*youtube*" to classify the destination but not sure how can I define these 100 users in separate way.

The issue is, if I give the range 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.127 in ACL, I think the bandwidth will be shared amongst the users in 10.0/25 network. Or, I have to write 100 individual ACLs & class-maps right?

Can somene help me finding the feasible solution for the same? I think I have only issue with my LAN side where i'm not being able to understand how ACL & Class-map works in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Hari!

What platform and software is this for? Some platforms support microflow policing but I think it's only available for higher end equipment such as 6500.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel,

Thanks for the quick reply!

It's Cisco1841 router with IOS image 12.4. I'm just not able to understand how to minimize the configuration of ACL & class-map.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: