Cisco Support Community
Community Member

QoS for Industrial Application

Hi there,

I´m studying QoS for industrial application, and the goal is to prioritize a traffic to a PLC (Programmable Logic Control) that communicates over Ethernet with UDP. The PLC is very sensitive to delay, jitters and packet losses. Also, we need to avoid any unnecessary traffic such as ARP requests from the network.

If anyone wish to help me and join this work, I starting the tests now where I have 4 3560 and 1 3750 (layer 3), and few more 2600 routers, and 2960-S switches for the lab.

Best Regards,

Ederson Passaura | Support Analyst

Sonda IT Group.

Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

For your switches, you'll want to use the PQ feature.

For your routers, you'll want to use LLQ (and you may also want to minimize the size of your tx-ring).

CreatePlease to create content