cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS guide

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

I will be involved in a QoS project and wanted to get some guidance on where to look for information to prep for this project. Also, I wanted to find out if configuring QoS would be a complex assignment and should perhaps take a training course!

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

sK

7 Replies 7

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

QoS can be difficult but it depends on your experience in the past with traffic-shaping and how complex your network is as to whether a training course is needed. One tip I suggest is that you make sure you know EXACTLY how the network is laid out and setup a proper VLAN(s) to seperate voice and data. Also understand what devices require QoS and what classification they support (CoS, DSCP, etc).

As I have no prior experience with QoS, it sounds like I will either need a training course or pick up a good QoS book. Any suggestions as what text books are available or good Cisco reading material?

Thanks,

sK

Hi,

Cisco Press - IP Telephony Self-Study Cisco Qos Exam Certification Guide,Second Edition(2006) by Wendell Odom is the best by far.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Thanks for the recommendation Mo!

sK

skhirbash:

I know of an incredibly good QoS CBT by Thomson. It is simply outstnding. I dont know how much youre willign to spend, but it is great. I am using it now.

HI,

End-to-End QoS Network Design

By Tim Szigeti - CCIE No. 9794, Christina Hattingh

This Book will have detailed explanation for LAN QOS design, WAN QOS design, VPN QOS Design, etc.,

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Here is one good Cisco Qos document..if that helps

-Harish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card