Cisco Support Community
Community Member

QoS - Hub to spoke

I am having a hard time finding the correct documentation that speaks to my issue.  I have a MPLS network setup and I need to apply QoS to the hub site so it does not saturate spoke sites bandwidth.

Hub: 100mb

Spoke A: 5mb

Spoke B: 10mb

If I let the 100mb circuit run full open on these circuits, it will saturate them beyond use.  I know I can apply ACLs and shaping/policing towards the spokes but I can't find the documentation covering it.  Can someone help point me in the right direction?

Cisco Employee

Can you be more specific on

Can you be more specific on what you are looking for? Do you care about Spoke A, Spoke Bs traffic? if you don't then why not policing Spoke A and Spoke B on ingress (aggregation) and be done with it.

Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of   the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

class-map BranchX

match (ACL reference - ACL matches IP ranges for branch)

policy-map sample

class BranchX

shape average <bps>

CreatePlease to create content