Here you have all the question regarding the operations of the Queues:
1. About the default behavior and values before enable the "mls qos":
a. what are the default values of the Queue (buffers, threshold, etc)?
b. what are the default values of the dscp-cos to queue-threshold? Because we've seen that traffic going to Queue 3 (IOS number 4).
What are the queues numbered 0 to 7 for if only number 4 is in use?
2. After enable the "mls qos":
a. We assumed that the values of the buffers, thresholsds, etc, applied are the ones from the "show mls qos queue-set 1". Regarding its parameters:
1. how can I see the total number of system assigned buffers for an interface?
2. Is this a fixed value by platform?
3. Is this connected with the "show buffers" in same way?
ii. Threshold1 and 2 and maximum: I supposed that these two values have the same meaning as the "maximum" value. The threshold1 and 2 must be lower or equal to the maximum, and they define the granularity of two possible levels of dropping, is that correct?
b. About dscp-cos to queue-threshold mapping, if the packet has a DSCP "00", we've notice that the queue-threshold has to be 2-1.
c. Regarding the output of the sh platform port-asic stats drop gigabitEthernet <id>:
i. The Queues 0 to 3 are the queues 1 to 4 of the queue-set 1. What are the 4 to 7 queues?
ii. What are the Weight 0, 1 and 2?
3. When I want to know in which queue and which threshold will apply to a packet, what mapping should I look: Dscp-outputq-threshold map or Cos-outputq-threshold map? When does the switch use the Dscp-cos map and Cos-dscp map?
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...