cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

qos on 3850

epeeler
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me if there is a replacement for the "priority-queue out" command at the interface level on the 3850?  We have just started putting these into our environment and I'm trying to map the qos command from our 3750 switches to these. I'm not a qos person.

My understanding is that the "priority-queue out" command on the 3750 simply turned on the egress queue for the interface since it is not enabled by default.  Does the 3850 not need this command? Is the egress queue already enabled on the new platform? 

Thanks in advance.               

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3850 series run IOS XE, and so the QOS architecture is different from the 3750X series.

Have a look at this doc for more info and config examples:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_classn/configuration/xe-3se/3850/qos-classn-ethr-cos-mtch-mark.html

HTH

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Yes there's a 3850 QoS feature that will create a PQ like a 3750's "priority-queue out" command, it's done with a class-map using the priority command.  3850 QoS, in appearance, looks much different from 3750 QoS.  I don't believe PQ is enabled by default on a 3850.

Besides the much different appearance, the 3850's QoS features can do more than a 3750 QoS.

If you're not a QoS person, nor have one on your staff, you might want to retain a consultant to remap your 3750 QoS to similar 3850 QoS (and also perhaps review your overall QoS policy too).

In this switch platform you have the options of crating single priority queue (1P7Q3T model) or dual priority queue (2P6Q3T model if you want voice, video prioratization seperately). So you have to configure priority queues under policy map & then apply the policy to a switch port where you want enable the priority queuing on a egress switchport.

This post may help you understanding the required configuration of this switch model

http://mrncciew.com/2013/12/23/3850-qos-part-2-queuing-models/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful respones ****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card