Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS on 4948

I have a trunk on a 4948 to a Cisco 5513. The 5513 can't set any QoS options so I can't trust the dscp or cos on the trunk.

I have a vlan that handles the voice traffic (vlan 64). What is the access list that I would apply to the trunk interface to allow me to set the dscp on that vlan to a specific value? This is what I currently have for a pertinent config:

class-map match-all VoIP

match any

!

!

policy-map VoIP

class VoIP

set dscp cs6

I know that I need to set the class-map VoIP to match access-group <<access-list>> but I just don't know the config for the access list.

The other vlans I need to allow on that trunk are 65-68,192,172,241. Thanks for any help you might give me!

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: QoS on 4948

The Cisco Catalyst 4948-10GE offers superior per-port quality of service (QoS) features to help ensure that network traffic is classified, prioritized, and scheduled optimally to efficiently manage bandwidth-hungry multimedia, and time-sensitive and mission-critical applications QoS features (including DBL) on the Catalyst 4948-10GE, refer to the QoS on Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series supervisor engines overview at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_white_papers_list.html

Thanks for your reply but I have a regular 4948 (not the 10GE version). Also I know that it provides some QoS capabilities and I am currently using them but I was hoping someone could let me know how I tag a single VLAN on a trunk while still allowing non-marked VLANs on that trunk. I am pretty sure I need a ACL for that.

For VoIP, you'll need to mark it as "dscp ef", not "cs6". "CS6" is normally used for Ip routing.

Views
Helpful
Replies