cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on Catalyst 3850-24XS-E

roger perkin
Level 2
Level 2

I am currently using 2 x Catalyst 3850-24XS-E switches to provide 2 x 10G interfaces for a pair of 8510 wireless controllers.

Which are then running 2 x 8G portchannels to 2 x 6509 cores

The reason is there is no 10G connectivity in the core.

My question is what QoS if any should I be configuring on this switch? 

I just want it to be a seamless conduit for traffic but just thinking if I should setup some queueing?

Thanks

Roger

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If everything is working as expected and you don't have any congestion, packet drops, latency bandwidth issue, etc.. there is no need for QOS.

That is just my opinion.

HTH

Carlos Villagran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

As Reza just said, as long as no oversuscription exist in the network or you are not using real-time/delay sensitive traffic there is no need for applying QoS.

Hope it helps, best regards!
JC

Hello

Just like to add, Be careful when enabling qos on a switch, On certain models, The interface bandwidth can be possibly reduced by SRR ingress/egress queuing

Which I would say would drastically reduce your traffic utilization

res
Paul..

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

szigeti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roger

Our Cisco Validated Design queuing configs for this platform is here: https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=89114&backBtn=true

(slides 62-65)

Cheers! -tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card