Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on the Cisco 3925

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dear Sirs.

I have two data centers and L3 VPN tunnel between them.
But I have only 100Mbps links to provider network.
Also I have two user groups:
1. High priority.
2. Normal priority.
I can use policing on the 3925 routers and limit maximum speed of the normal priority traffic (for example - 60Mbps) but if channel is free, it is not good.
I want to do, to normal priority traffic can use full bandwith (100Mbps) if no high priority traffic present. And if high priority traffic is present, normal priority traffic can use for example 50% of bandwith.
Also I can use QoS mechanism on the Nexus and 6500, because their SVI interface is default gateways for users workstation.
What best method for achieving my goal?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If your interface is running at 100 Mbps, and your provider doesn't cap at a lower rate, a CBWFQ on you egress interface should do the trick.

On your tunnel, add qos pre-classify.

On your physical interface, add service-policy output YouNameIt.

Also add:

class-map match-all HiPriority

match ...

policy-map YouNameIt

class HiPriority

bandwidth percent 50

fair-queue

class class-default

bandwidth percent 50

fair-queue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card