Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS Question

I'm reading the cisco document on QoS again and I'm having a hard time understanding this line (regarding WFQ with IP precedence):

However, if you have 18 precedence-1 flow and 1 of each of the others-the formula looks like this:

1 + 1 8 ¥ 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 = 36 - 2 + 18 ¥ 2 = 70

The flows will get 8/70, 7/70, 6/70, 5/70, 4/70, 3/70, 2/70, and 1/70 of the link, and 18 of the flows will each get approximately 2/70 of the link.

I don't understand the formula...what does the ¥ symbol mean?

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: QoS Question

Might be a display character problem. For instance, from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/qos/configuration/guide/qcconman.html I see:

However, if you have 18 precedence 1 flows and one of each of the rest, the total is now:

1+2(18)+3+4+5+6+7+8=70

Precedence 0 traffic will get 1/70, each of the precedence 1 flows will get 2/70, and so on.

Re: QoS Question

you're right it's a problem with the display...that's what I thought originally too, but what threw me off is that I viewed the html source on the page to see if it's a different character and it wasn't...I just downloaded the PDF and it's a multiplication symbol.

Thanks!:)

Views
Helpful
Replies